Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Greatest Generation: An extra good time was had by all over Memorial Day






In my blog, from now on, I will simply refer to my characters by name.  Husband John and I had some of his buddies from the Air Force, and the early life of defense from Viet Nam.  We were very taken with the many relatives of ours were from the Greatest Generation, and are now deceased.
And we are now "it".  We are the only ones left, starting the New Generation.  We are all orphans of the many heroes, the Allies, that saved the world from the Nazis.  World War II.  Now, we are the ones to defend the world, or more importantly, our nation.  John, Tony, Don, friend Vincent, Rob, and many others have now taken the torch.

I will start with the Civil War of 1860's.  To me, this was the worst, most horrific time in our history.
The Declaration of the freedom of the slaves.  I was reading about Mrs. Lincoln, and the sadness of her life, losing 3 out of 4 sons to terrible diseases of the time.  The uproar of the Southern plantations, the bloodshed, and the complete destruction of a grand life of huge crops and products that were possible because of the labor of their slaves.

to be continued . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...